Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Encouragement for a Moms heart

I wanted to share a neat story with you.  It had been the morning of my meeting with the school to address "issues" and work on Turbos 504 and I was a nervous wreck.  For some reason the very thinking of these meetings and having little to no say in what's best for my child can reduce me to a puddle of tears in a moment.  I decided to get a cup of coffee from Starbucks before heading to the meeting.  I do get an occasional Starbucks and am very familiar with the process.  Once reaching the window they confirm your order, give you your total, take payment and close the window to go get your coffee.  Not that they are unpleasant at all but their not particularly chatty.  That day was different.  The lady noticed I was dressed up and asked if I was headed to work.  I shared no, I was headed to a meeting at my sons school and had just decided to grab a cup of coffee and try to relax a little.  The sweet woman at Starbucks (I do wish I knew who she was!) leaned out and started asking me questions and showed real concern even though I kept my answers pretty vague and brief.   She shared a personal story of a time when she let the school decide how things should happen with her child and how she deeply regretted not fighting for what she knew was best.   She told me to be strong and fight for my son because no one else will.  God showed up that day for me in this dear woman at the Coffee Shop.  How did she know to ask were I was headed and how is it that she had a personal story that she could relate to what I was dealing with??  I believe God used her that day to encourage my heart . 

I share this story just as much for my own heart as I do for yours.  If you have a child with ADHD then you have likely at some time or another been discouraged and even come up against a lot of misunderstanding of your child.  It's hard and it hurts.  But do not lose hope, continue to seek God, study his word and look for him because he will reveal himself to you.  You are not alone in this!



You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

Facebook kept asking me to update my profile with my "job".  Today I finally got tired of seeing that prompt and decided to enter my job, Homeschool Mom.   I'm still not sure how everyone saw that I added that because it never appeared in my news feed but the comments started rolling in!  It actually felt liberating to have it out there to not only those that are close to me but acquaintances..... and well all of "facebook world".

Be encouraged mamas while you know your kids VERY well, the Author of Life our Awesome God knows every teeny tiny detail about our children and about US.  Seek his wisdom and take respite in his word.  For even on the hardest days he is with you and you are not alone!



Blessings,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment